Just as humans experience stress when moving into a new home and neighborhood, dogs also feel stress when entering a new home, especially when coming from an animal shelter. A new routine, environment, and owner are just the start of the changes. Dogs often react to this stress by displaying some aggressive or destructive behavior. Some may shed, bark excessively or have “accidents” indoors.
It is imperative to be patient with any rescued animal under these circumstances. You can show your displeasure with a firm “NO” and some redirection, but harsh yelling or punishing will only increase stress.
Animals react to stress differently and each is unique. Some may not act aggressively at all. Instead, they will try to hide from people and act shy or fearful. They may even try to escape. Sometimes they will attach themselves to one member of the family and avoid others. Stressed animals often pace in a repetitive pattern, or act sluggish.
Of course, negative behavior stresses the new owner as well. Rather than act impatiently toward the dog, try stimulating him mentally and physically. This will reduce the stress and boredom that causes negative behavior. Nothing makes a dog happier than some love and attention.
Most adopted pets are returned within three weeks from adoption because the owners get frustrated with the stress reactions of their new pet. If you can withstand the first few weeks and remain loving, you will find your pet adjusting to your home and becoming the companion you dreamed of.
Take your time introducing your dog to friends, other dogs, and new parks. Allow stress hormone levels to drop, and let your dog adjust to your yard. Go for walks together in low-stress areas, where other people or animals are not a concern.
Protective Care & Remedy Relief for Dogs
|Energy Tonic Helps to restore health and vitality to aging, ill or sluggish pets.
Energy Tonic Benefits:
|Vi-Pro Plus Long-term immune system support to promote system integrity
Vi-Pro Plus Benefits:
|Immunity and Liver Support is an herbal tonic to support healthy immune system and liver functioning in dogs and cats.|
Natural remedies can also make this transition easier. PetCalm is an all-natural herbal remedy that comes in granule form. It works quickly; some people report a noticeable change in their pet’s anxiety level within the first day of use. It can be used two to three times a day for up to 21 days, if necessary. Because the ingredients in PetCalm are 100% natural, there is no risk of side effects or addiction to the product. It can be used safely with animals of all ages and sizes. The granules can be sprinkled on the tongue and they are immediately dissolved.
Whatever you do, go into adopting a pet with realistic expectations. There will be a period of adjustment. And while there is much that can be done to make the transition easier, some frustrating hurdles will have to be overcome as well. Just remember that the outcome – a healthy, confident pet – is well worth the wait.
Natural remedies can have an important role to play in helping to prevent illness as well as in promoting a faster recovery in a gentle, safe manner. Remember that stress can weaken your pet’s immune system. Timely attention will go a long way in making life comfortable for your dog and avoiding the progression of stress to major illness.
There is much that can be done to support a healthy immune system in pets. Here are a few tips:
- Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to support your pet’s immune functioning – Echinacea, astragalus, goldenseal, elder and garlic have played a significant role in maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Ensure your pet is eating a high-quality diet with plenty of raw and meat. Many commercial pet foods also contain additives which can undermine your pet’s health.
- Regular exercise helps to keep your pet healthy and fit.
- Check for the presence of intestinal parasites such as tapeworm.
- Avoid exposure to toxins, chemicals and food additives as much as possible.
- Ginseng is most suited for improving liver function, regenerating liver cells and ensuring general immunity against disease.
- As always, lots of exercise – the benefits are multiple both for you and your pet!
- Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet’s immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
- Talk to a holistic vet before immunizing your pet. Over-vaccination may stress the immune system unnecessarily.
- Acupressure massage is also helpful in improving immune system and liver functioning.
- Should your pet contract an illness, be a considerate pet owner and keep your coughing furry companion away from other pets.
“My German Shepherd is my treasure! He is already 10 years old and he has always been a healthy boy. Lately he has been ‘off color’ and not wanting to eat much. Also he was eating lots of grass and throwing up almost every day. I was very worried about him. The vet said maybe an infection and gave us antibiotics, and that made no difference, but your Immunity/Liver Support remedy has worked after only three weeks. No more throwing up and much more energy! Thanks for a natural alternative – next time I know where to come first!”
“Luckily our vet agrees with us about yearly vaccination unlike the previous one who wanted to vaccinate every year. Our puppy is taking your Vi-Pro for Distemper to protect her against distemper and other viruses and we are confident that it will be as successful as your other products have been, including your EasyTravel for car sickness!”